Blog NewsRead more
B1 Free Archiver is an archive utility for packing files and folders into single archive and extracting original set of files from existing archives. B1 Free Archiver has been recently updated to v0.4. This version includes support for .7z format, improvements for better and smoother user experience, and fixes for some minor issues.
What’s new in version 0.4:
- - support for 7zip format – now you can open .7z files with B1 Free Archiver;
- - support for unicode zip files – some .zip files with non-Latin symbols can be opened;
- - improved dialog for password protected files;
- - fix for file association for Windows, Mac and Linux;
- - improved behavior on Mac;
- - sort files issue fixed;
- - progress issue fixed;
- - name of current open archive is shown in window’s title;
- - more hot-keys available when navigating files – home, end, ctrl+a;
- - run file from B1 on cntrl+enter;
- - installer and uninstaller improvement;
- - and some more…
Adam Buyer, project leader at B1:
“The new version of our archiver is a great step towards making it more convenient for users. Nevertheless, our team is focused on improving its features even further to meet the highest expectations. For the next version we are focusing on improving b1 compression algorithm. Our developers have been working on it for quite a while, and we expect very good results in the 0.5 version, with remarkable speed to compression ratio.
Since last release we received a few dozens of grateful letters from our users from all over the world. It’s really inspiring and we’re going to keep doing our best to stay on that way. Also we received very valuable feedbacks and suggestions, so we corrected our road-map according to requests of our users. We are glad to stay in touch with you, so please do not hesitate to contact B1 support should you have any question or if you just want to tell us what you think of B1 Free Archiver.”
B1 Free Archiver is a multi-platform software which works on Windows, Linux and Mac OS. Currently B1 Free Archiver supports most popular formats – zip, rar and 7z. In addition Free Archiver works with own open archive format – b1.
B1 Free Archiver can be used to send a batch of photos or documents packed into single archive or into split archive with fixed size of every part, which is useful for sending files via GMail or other mail services.
Launched in 2011, B1 Free Archiver is a free multi-platform universal archiver. It’s free for both personal and commercial use, supports most common formats as well as its own – .b1, and works on all popular platforms.